Monday, December 3, 2012

Holding down the fort

Kelsey's away in the field looking for Helichrysum odoratissimum, so I'm holding down the fort with the ruthless guard dogs. We'll post a full update when she returns, but in the meantime...

I picked up the car on Saturday (there's still some issues but in case the South African government is reading I will relay them later), which drives like a rocket. First thing I did was put Tom Petty in the CD player. Since the speed traps here are practically invisible - just people with cameras on lawnchairs that send you the ticket in the mail - I'm sure our "private bag" will soon be full of joyous traffic summons.

Since Kelsey left for the field it's been non-stop rain, so the dogs either refuse to go out and pee or go out and immediately roll around in the mud.


Finally, here are some more pictures of the dogs to keep you all occupied until we can post Kelsey's trip photos. Notice the typical pitbull sleeping postures:







4 comments:

  1. Nice work! GLad to see you are able to maintain! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what mud is for, jonah...didn't you know!? :) hope you cleaned the tub before kelsey got home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new pups :) So Cute. Wish I were wearing shorts.

    <3 Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, wish I was in shorts, also.

    ReplyDelete