Friday, July 26, 2013

Delta Park

While we were home, a lot of people asked about the relative size of South Africa. The following picture shows nicely that the USA (3.794 million square miles) is approximately 8 times the size of South Africa (471,000 square miles). The longest distance in South Africa (from Musina to Cape Town) is 1189 miles, or a little further than driving from Lubec, Maine to Wilmington, North Carolina. 


GUEST POST: MIDAS AND MELLA
On Delta Park

Midas: On Saturdays, Mom and Dad make us get into the car and we go to this place called Delta Park (I think). I don't really like the car very much because Dad's driving is terrible, but Melly never seems to notice. 

Midas: Lie down, Melly, it's the cops!

Midas: I always know when we get to the park, because Dad says bad stuff about the driving of other people through this narrow gate. 
Mella: Inside this fence are some really delicious poops. You should try one.

Midas: Dad says I "bother" people, so I have to wear this necklace.

Midas: I don't really get this place. Mom said it's a Nature Center and I can't pee on it, so it's not very interesting in my opinion.

Midas: I don't really understand why Mom gets upset with me for jumping the fence at home when she's always making me jump fences at the park. I don't think she's very smart.

Mella: Often, a tree like this will have a delicious poop underneath it. The key to getting it is act totally natural, then wolf it down when nobody is looking.

Midas: This guy is really big, and Mom said he's like her boss or something. She seemed really happy to see him.




Mella: Another good time to snack on a poop is when Dad is taking pictures of stuff.

Mella: I'm hiding in the tall grass, waiting to pounce on these two idiots.


Mella: I don't get it. I go and do a cool thing like making a motor boat with my tail, and Dad doesn't even thank me for spraying duck poop and rotten leaves all over his jeans.

Midas: This is the place where I like to chase the baseball. One time I also chased a big dog here, and he got so scared he ran out of the gate and down the street. But then Mom caught me and I had to put my necklace back on.

Midas: On these long walks, we like to stop for a water break. I'm the handsome brown dog on the left. 

Midas: Biting your sister is an important part of a walk. She's so dumb, she doesn't even know that I'm supposed to win this wrestling match.  


Midas: These people are liars. There isn't a single tiger guarding the premises. Instead, there's a really lame old dog that just barks and won't let me sniff his butt.

Midas: Walking Mom and Dad around the park is very tiring. Please stop bothering me.

Midas: Go on without me, I'm just going to pass out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment